I've had this blog for quite some time, and hadn't been posting in it.
I hadn't been posting much of anywhere for a while.
The simple fact is that I'm sick. I've been sick for going on a year now.
I was under the understanding that my thyroid issues were well under control. They were not. I was in the middle of the first major up-and-down period of my entire time having been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (I frequently will refer to it as "the Hashis"). From there, it feels like it's been a downward spiral that hit rock bottom just after Christmas of this past year where I was standing in the middle of my pharmacy struggling to get the question in my head to come out of my mouth.
Whether be it outright anemia or just low iron levels, it was low enough that it was causing a lot of cognitive problems. And when the iron runs out, it does so again.
Fact is, I've been in and out of doctor's offices more often in the past year than I have in my entire life prior to this. And while I am getting better, I'm nowhere near close to 100%.
Right now, I feel like I'm at about 25%, in fact.
So, I'm reappropriating this blog to give myself a place to talk about all this crap so it won't just be bouncing around in my head. And I like the whole "16 hours" as an anthem for this.
I'll probably be back later with some stuff that happened fairly recently, but for now, consider this your intro.
No comments:
Post a Comment